Recently I song with my praise team a song by a Christian artist named Bebo Norman. It's entitled I Will Lift My Eyes. Here are the lyrics:
God, my God, I cry out
Your beloved needs You now
God, be near, calm my fear
And take my doubt
Your kindness is what pulls me up
Your love is all that draws me in
I will lift my eyes to the Maker
Of the mountains I can’t climb
I will lift my eyes to the Calmer
Of the oceans raging wild
I will lift my eyes to the Healer
Of the hurt I hold inside
I will lift my eyes, lift my eyes to You
God, my God, let Mercy sing
Her melody over me
God, right here all I bring
Is all of me
‘Cause You are and You were and You will be forever
The Lover I need to save me
‘Cause You fashioned the earth and You hold it together, God
So hold me now
I love the words to this song. I also have really felt the Lord leading me to pray Psalms 121:1-2. I've had a hard time focusing on what is the most important thing in my life. When you are discouraged it's usually because you have began to focus on circumstance around YOU and not on the One who created you and everything else. It's just time to refocus. Lots of things have been pointing to this verse over the last few months, a Beth Moore Study, several songs, friends, devotionals, etc. Obviously the Lord is trying to refocus my attention to Him and turn my eyes to the main event and not the side show.
He has also used the Greek word hupomeno lots. It means to abide under, to remain, to persevere under trials, to hold fast, to endure bravely and calmly. The Book of James uses this word. The Lord is telling me to hold fast. When you've done all you know how to do then you just stand therefore.
Thank you Lord for the fact that you are God and there is no other. Thank you that in the midst of struggle you are present and you care and love us. Father, thank you for the Scriptures that are your love letter to us. Thank you that we can look to it for direction, comfort, peace, and joy. Father, thank you that we have a blessed hope of being with you one day. Father, that is the prize. That is what I live for and what I press toward. Help me Lord to not lose focus. Help me to lift my eyes to the One who is my beloved. Thank you that you use your people to encourage each other. Father, thank you for your grace and mercy that is new to me everyday and that even when I fail, and I do this often, that you will pick me up and restore me. Help me to pursue you and you alone with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. That on the Day of Judgment you will say, "Well done; thy good and faithful servant!" Father, how I long to please you and share your love, your words, your truth with those that you allow me to come in contact with daily. Father, I pray that I might be a vessel fit for your use. And as much as it may hurt, and I'm sure it will, purify me Lord. So that the only thing that is left is you. In Jesus' might and precious name, Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment