Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Be Still: He is God

Recently, I was reading a friend's blog and came across something that struck me in a pretty intense way. She was speaking of the verse Psalm 46:10 and how God was using that to speak to hear during an extremely difficult journey the Lord has her on at this time. (You should read Ashten and Aaron's story and why she is blogging about it now.)


God has been speaking to my heart to be still. It is only then that we can know that He is God. We can fix our eyes on Him when we are still and hear Him speak.

When you hear God speak to you, typically it is when we are still before Him. Busyness is the killer of the stillness. We get busy about things that become our focus instead of focusing on Him and allowing Him to order and lead our day. However, most of the time we make plans and get our day going and forget to ask Him what He wants us to be doing that day. Sometimes we do this to avoid hurt, avoid obedience, or other things. He calls us to stay with Him a little longer. To be still.

If He is our anchor that holds when the winds of life threaten to not only bend us but tries to break us, then we need to consider this being still. I have been thinking through this theme that God has given me for this year, letting go. If He is my anchor, then I can let go and allow Him to lead me where I need to go, when I need to go, and what I need to be doing.

In this process I heard a song called Anchor by Bethel Music. It goes right along with what I've been discussing. It's hard to let go. It's hard to let go of our plans, what we thought we would be doing at this point in our lives. It's hard to let go of people who we love so dearly and sometimes have waited so long to find. It's hard to wait when we want something desperately and watch others get to have what we have been waiting to have as well. BUT God is still good! He is still in control and He does love us with a love that won't ever stop. HE is our anchor, our constant as His children.

If you are struggling with waiting, with being still, with letting go, He wants you to know that He is right there with you. He won't leave you. He won't stop loving you. He won't ever, ever let go of you. In the middle of your circumstances, in the middle of your hurt, in the middle of your journey: Be still and KNOW that HE IS GOD!


No comments: