Thursday, July 31, 2008

Hold Fast - Help is on the Way

I was blessed to have some down time with some friends at the beach this past weekend. It was very refreshing and very needed. I think I just needed some time to get away from the everyday demands here at home. Anyway, on the drive back I was by myself and I heard the song by MercyMe, "Hold Fast". I was doing some very needed talking to the Lord and attempting to listen (I struggle with this area of my life because He always makes me wait to hear Him and I tend to like Him to speak quickly), when the words of the song struck a cord in my heart.

Hold Fast - MercyMe

To everyone who's hurting

To those who've had enough
To all the undeserving
That should cover all of us
Please do not let go
I promise there is hope

Hold fast
Help is on the way
Hold fast
He's come to save the day
What I've learned in my life
One thing greater than my strife
Is His grasp
So hold fast

Will this season ever pass?
Can we stop this ride?
Will we see the sun at last?
Or could this be our lot in life?
Please do not let go
I promise you there's hope

You may think you're all alone
And there's no way that anyone could know
What you're going through
But if you only hear one thing
Just understand that we are all the same
Searching for the truth
The truth of what we're soon to face
Unless someone comes to take our place
Is there anyone?
All we want is to be free
Free from our captivity, Lord

Here it comes fast
Help is on the way
Hold fast
He's come to save the day
What I've learned in my life
One thing stronger than my strife
Is Your grasp
So hold fast
Help is on the way
So hold fast
He's come to safe the day
What I've learned in my life
One thing greater than my strife
Is Your grasp
To hold fast

I think the verses in italics above somewhat describe my feelings in my life right now. This song, I believe was used by God to let me know to just keep holding on to Him. What great promise that He won't ever let us go. It makes me emotional. I'm so thankful that He is faithful. Blessed be the name of the Lord.

1 comment:

Mrs.Nixdorf said...

I couldn't help but comment, since we were just talking about this yesterday. I know this is an old post, but I'm older than you, so I can be slow, ok?

Anyway, if I have learned one thing on this journey it is that one of the favorite tactics of the enemy is to make us feel isolated and alone. He makes us feel like we are the only ones who have to respond and obey God's commands. He makes us think that no one else gets correction or receives rebuke. He blinds us to how others struggle. He even goes so far as to trick us into thinking that we must be the only ones even talking to God. He couldn't sell us an outright lie, so he coated the apple with bitterness. One bite and you're hooked and it just keeps growing and growing and growing in your heart.

Watch out for your adversary, the devil, who roams around like a lion seeking whom he may devor!

To her who thinks she is standing firm, let her take heed in case she falls! (change of gender just for the point)

The truth is that Jesus says He will never leave us nor forsake us. If I can't believe that then I can't believe anything else that He says. The Bible tells us what is not of faith is sin. We've got to hold fast to THE Truth, even when our feelings object. For we do not have a high priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses since He was in all points tempted just as we are, yet without sin. Praise the Lord! Our Help has already come in the form of Jesus and He has triumphed over sin. NO matter what I feel, what others may tell, what the storms or circumstances try to drown, that is the truth!